We offer a unique chance to attend the internationally exposed Bratislava Forum 2023. As intern you will have a chance to see backstage of the conference with more that thousand attendees and help with the smooth running of the GLOBSEC flagship event.
We are looking for over hundred short-term intern who will help on-spot during the conference. There are multiple teams you can join:
• Conference Floor
This team is in the centre of attention. Your responsibilities will include help with stage and rooms set-up, communication with attendees, and ad hoc organizational tasks during the conference days. This is a great chance to see and hear soe of the interesting panel discussions.
In this team you will oversee speakers at the panel discussions. Speakers coordinators are responsible for bringing the speakers to the backstage on time and communicating with the production.
As part of the Audience team, you will be the first contact for participants. Before the conference you will be working with registration systems and on-spot you will be in at the registration point where all the attendees come to pick-up their badges.
• Side Events
Apart from the main programme, many bilateral meetings or smaller discussions take place during the conference. Each member of this team will oversee specific meeting room and its preparation for specific event.
• Communications team
This team oversees media coverage of the whole conference. The responsibilities may include graphics set-up, social media management, coordination of journalist and photographers.
• Slido team
Our participants are very curious and during the panel disscussion have a chance to ask questions via Slido app. Responsibilities for this position include direct communication with production and smooth running of the app.
During the Forum we also organize Young Leaders Forum. On-spot support or this team include mainly organization of events and small administrative work.
Intern for this small team is a right-hand of the Head of Security who oversees cooperation of all security forces working at the Forum.
• Social Events
After the official part of conference is finished, two social events are organized for the participants. Award Ceremony taking place at Bratislava Castle and cocktail the next day. Intern in this team help our main coordinator with organization.
• Production operations
This team does most of the work before and after the conference as it is responsible for setting-up and then packing the entire venue. It is a crucial part of conference, although not very fancy as it involves physical work as well.
Employee perks, benefits
Although this is an unpaid internship, GLOBSEC is an internationally well-known NGO.
• Working on preparations for one of the biggest security forums in the world is a great opportunity to grow both professionally and as a person.
• From experience of hundreds of former interns, we know, that this working experience is valuable for your future career.
• You will have a chance to work in the professional environment full of enthusiastic specialists who together create a great team behind internationally recognised event.
We will obviously provide you with the certificate for your internship at the end of our cooperation, if of course you will not impress us so much that we will decide to offer you another position.
Information about the selection process
Selection process for on-spot internships is very easy. Please apply only if you already know you will be available week before conference and during the entire time of the conference that is 26.5-31.5.2023 in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Apply via link below (Profesia.sk) and send us your CV. There is no need to send us motivational letter.
However, if you decide to apply via different channel, please answer the following questions in the attached document:
1) When working as an intern at a GLOBSEC forum, you really need speak English fluently. Like, REALLY FLUENTLY. Do you?
2) GLOBSEC forum is unlike any other experience in your career. What is it in your mind? How would you, in 2-3 sentences, describe it to your friend and/or parent?
3) Hypothetical situation: When working at GLOBSEC forum, you notice a participant pass out and fall off the chair. What will you do?
4) Please, confirm, typing "I confirm" that you are available for the GLOBSEC forum from May 24th to June 2nd, 2023.
HR department will contact the selected candidates and invite you for in person Assessment Centre. ACs will take place in GLOBSEC Bratislava office during March. Based on the AC selected candidates will be assigned to the teams and will receive further information about their tasks and organizational aspects of the internship.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
International Relations, European studies, Economy, Public affairs or other Social Science
English - Advanced (C1)
Microsoft Office 365 - Skillful
Personality requirements and skills
• Team player & Great communicator
• Detail oriented
• Reliable & Flexible
• Polite with professional appearance
• Able to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment